MPEG-2 is widely used as the format of digital television signals that are broadcast by terrestrial (over-the-air), cable, and direct broadcast satellite TV systems. It also specifies the format of movies and other programs that are distributed on DVD and similar discs. TV stations, TV receivers, DVD players, and other equipment are often designed to this standard.
MPEG-2 has essential elements or features:
- DVB standard digital Cable receiver.
- MPEG2 MP@HL.
- Auto Channel Search.
- Auto Software Upgrade.
- Separate TV/Radio list.
- Finger printing support.
- Now / Next and 7 days Event Information support.
- Channel Sorting.
- Text based Channel Searching.
- Support of Genre wise channel listing.
- Logical Channel Numbering (LCN).
- Parental Lock.
- RF Signal indicator.